Building a Test Strategy in DevOps is not only about Test Automation, but how built-in-quality can be achieved in all steps of the SW development, within and outside of your CI/CD pipeline. What is the goal of your testing?
What quality aspects are more and what are less important for your domain? What are the major risks? What testing steps should you include in your Continuous Delivery pipeline, and where to focus with Exploratory Testing? How to utilize the new QA opportunities available by applying DevOps practices? Don’t just string together existing manual processes – in this tutorial, we will use simple, collaborative tools to design something better!
The interactive workshop will help teams to learn how QA is extended to the left and to the right in DevOps, how to design QA pipeline with simple cards, and what other testing related activities to be agreed on, to have a full test strategy
In this remote compliant tutorial, we will use MIRO as an interactive canvas, several digitized card games, as well as Stick notes and anything we need. This hands-on workshop for 4 teams (4×5-6) is a series of Lectures and discussions to share the needed theory, and exercises to practice what we have learnt. Throughout the exercises, teams will build a full Test Strategy for example scenarios and contexts in breakout sessions, followed by presentations and discussions.
After the Tutorial the participants shall be able to:
– understand Testing in the DevOps pipeline
– understand the concepts of CI and CD
– discuss the different product quality aspects of their given business scenario, and their importance
– design a continuous delivery pipeline (using cards), in line with the business expectations
– understand what else is needed to build a Test Strategy, like Testing Techniques to be used, Technology that helps to achieve the our goals, as well as skills needed in the testing team.
The first part of the tutorial is a hands-on workshop for 4 teams (4×5-6) or more, using two card games, to design a Continuous Delivery pipelines in line with the Quality needs of the given Business scenario.
- 9:00 - 17:30
- Szilárd Széll
- Remote virtual classroom